The National Agriculture Law Center and Banks Law Firm, PLLC will be having a free webinar on Thursday, June 21, 2012 from 12-1pm ET on crop insurance’s applicability to the agriculture industry in “the south”. According to the webinar’s description, Harrison Pittman and Grant Ballard will discuss the following:
- Update on current federal policy debate regarding crop insurance, including unique aspects for livestock producers;
- Key terminology producers and others should be aware of in navigating legal and other important aspects of crop insurance;
- Critical resources for updates and information on legal and other crop insurance issues;
- Discussion of legal considerations that should be considered once a loss occurs; and
- Legal significance of representations made by crop insurance agents to producers.
The webinar is free of charge and you can view it here by signing in as a guest.
As an aside, you can also purchase the recording from the crop & livestock insurance CLE that I moderated last January for the American Bar Association (“ABA”) General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division’s (“GP Solo”) Agriculture Law Committee here.
“This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is recommended that you speak to an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction before relying on the information in this blog.”