I will be giving a 1 hour presentation via Lawline on Wednesday, May 6, 2015 from 2:30pm to 3:30pm as part of its Food, Beverage and Agriculture Law event May 4-6, 2015. There will be a live broadcast during my presentation. If you are in NYC, you can also watch the presentation live at Lawline, located at 61 Broadway (between Rector Street and Exchange Place), Suite 1105 on the 11th Floor, New York, NY 10006.
This program is aimed to lawyers and law students looking for a brief overview of legal issues that affect livestock production. In this program, I will give a cursory overview of the following animal agriculture issues
1. Overview of Regulatory System
2. Livestock Animal Cruelty Law
3. Animal Identification
4. Bull/Stallion/Boar/Ram Leases
5. Contracts relating to frozen genetics (e.g., semen, embryos, flushes)
6. Production Contracts
7. Hiring Practices for Livestock Operations
8. Right-to-Farm law
9. National Organic Program
10. RMA Livestock Insurance
11. Direct Farm Marketing with Meat Production
12. Animal Feeding Operations (“AFO’s) and Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (“CAFO’s”)
I will also speak briefly about a few other miscellaneous issues. Stay tuned for more content from this presentation!
"This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is recommended that you speak to an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction before relying on the information in this blog."