Custody and Visitation
Allocation of Parental Responsibilities
Out of all the areas in family and matrimonial law, this is the area that Cari is the most passionate about. She understands the grave importance of a parenting plan that helps facilitate a relationship with both parents, that is appropriate for that situation.
Cari and her team do not take a “cookie cutter” approach to disputes involving the custody and visitation; instead, they carefully work through disputes involving decision-making and parenting time to help memorialize an agreement that best serves that individual family. Rincker Law, PLLC has a team approach when working with family law clients in working through disputes involving the allocation of parental responsibilities and we understand that those agreements and orders need to be modified as the family changes.
What We Do
We take pride at Rincker Law, PLLC in being communicative and responsive. Cari and her team aims to educate clients of the legal process as they work together on determining the best path for his or her family.
Rincker Law, PLLC will help clients think through all the issues affecting their parenting plan including but not limited to:
- Decision making over “major decisions” on the four spheres of influence: health, education, religion and extra-curricular activities;
- Communication between the parents (including any need to use a co-parenting application like Our Family Wizard or Talking Parents or use of a shared drive such as DropBox or Google Calendar);
- Communication between the parent and the child (including telephone and video-conferencing such as FaceTime and Skype);
- Travel (both domestically and internationally) including travel itineraries, notice, and passport renewals;
Basic parenting time schedules and schedules for holidays, school breaks and summer breaks; and,
- Parenting protocols (e.g., consistency of punishment, introduction of significant others and overnight guests, special medical concerns).
Use of technology is important to us to help provide more information to the clients and help make the processes more efficient. Rincker Law, PLLC uses Custody xChange software to offer clients a calendar analysis of the proposed parenting plan to help reality test the proposed schedule and assist the client is counting overnights and/or waking hours, if this information is useful in the situation
Sibling and Half-Sibling Visitation
This move was unquestionably the biggest challenge for founder Cari Rincker. She was learning to Cari and her team can also help siblings and half-siblings have visitation to help foster those invaluable relationships.