Prenuptial and Postnupial Agreements
Cari takes great pride in her work both with prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Cari is a big advocate for families taking the law into their own hands and entering into a prenuptial agreement prior to getting married. She is known for her article and presentation on the “Top Ten Reasons Why Prenuptial Agreements are Romantic” and is a believe that the financial transparency that the process requires helps build stronger relationships.
She sees prenups and postnups as a tool to protect both parties entering into a marriage, despite their assets or income at the income. Rincker Law, PLLC understands the emotional aspects with negotiating nuptial agreements and aim to add comfort, responsive communication and education throughout the process.
What We Do
As proud draftsmen, Rincker Law, PLLC helps clients think through the relevant issues for their prenuptial agreement to help memorialize a customized agreement that makes sense for them and their individual needs including:
- Identification of separate and marital property including but not limited to income, appreciation on nonmarital property, and business interests;
- Division of marital property, including credits to either party for downpayments from separate property;
- Spousal maintenance (including potential sunset provisions if there are children);
- Estate rights including the Right of Spousal Election/ Surviving Spouse Award;
- Promises during the marriage (e.g., life insurance, disability insurance, access to monies);
- Break-up procedures (e.g., vacating marital residence, procedures for buying interest or selling marital residence, use of Alternative Dispute Resolution);
- Confidentiality; and
- Other miscellaneous issues.
Cari and her team are learned in complex financial issues that affect high income individuals. Rincker Law, PLLC has different fees depending on whether we are the reviewing or drafting attorney.