The National Business Institute (“NBI”) will be having a substantive webinar on October 3, 2012 from 11:00am to 6:00pm ET (that’s no typo – it’s a 7 hour webinar…). It’s a little pricey for a webinar but if you are interested in this topic (like me) then I think it’ll be worthwhile. Topics for the webinar include the following:
(1) Goal Setting;
(2) Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Retirement Planning;
(3) Income and Gift Tax Planning;
(4) Non-Tax Estate Planning Considerations;
(5) Agriculture Use Valuation;
(6) Planning for a Gradual Transfer Within the Family;
(7) Business Succession Planning for the Family Farm C-Corporation (including a choice of entity discussion);
(8) Transfers Upon Death and Key Estate Administration Concerns; and,
(9) Planning for the Heirs/Beneficiaries.
Kudos to NBI for putting together an excellent webinar. If you are hesitant about giving up a day of your life for the webinar, NBI also sells recordings. Although the discussion will be geared towards attorneys with a basic to intermediate understanding on estate planning, non-attorneys are welcome to attend. As my readers know, farm/ranch estate and succession planning is a passion of mine. “A failure to plan is planning to fail.” (Great quote and oh so true…).