I will be moderating a webinar titled, “Counseling Farmers & Ranchers, Agri-Businesses and Food Entrepreneurs on Insurance” on September 15, 2015 at 2pm ET (1pm CT) for the American Bar Association (“ABA”), General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division’s Agriculture Law Committee. Faculty members include Dominick Sekich, Mike Kelly, Maggy Gregory, Javan Grant and Rachel Armstrong. Faculty will give an overview of insurance issues as it relates to various segments of the food and agriculture industry, principally:
(1) Farmowner’s Comprehensive Liability Insurance Policy;
(2) Insurance the farmstead or business operations taking place in a home;
(3) Commercial insurance;
(4) Food insurance (e.g., food products liability insurance and food contamination & recall insurance);
(5) Federal reinsured crop and livestock insurance;
(6) Private livestock and equine insurance;
(7) Insurance for vehicles and farm equipment;
(8) Workman’s compensation and disability insurance;
(9) Business insurance;
(10) Environmental insurance;
(11) Umbrella policies;
(12) Special riders/issues with agriculture; and,
(13) Insurance review/audit.
This 120 min CLE will be comprised of approximately 100 minutes of lecture and 20 minutes of Q & A. You can register for the live webinar here. Recording will be available later.