How to Get a Domestic Violence Order of Protection in Shelby County

Rincker Law Family/Matrimonial Law 1 Comment

Many people who have suffered domestic abuse look to the Shelby County courts to help them. Frequently, this consists of filing a restraining order, which often is called an order of protection. What Is an Order of Protection? These orders may be available to people who have suffered physical abuse, harassment, intimidation, interference with personal liberty, or willful deprivation at …

Share this Article

Ask Cari: “When Can I Obtain an Order of Protection in NY Family Court?”

Rincker Law Family/Matrimonial Law Leave a Comment

Family Court and Supreme Court has concurrent jurisdiction on family offenses.  An indigent person may receive court-appointed representation in Family Court if they are under a certain income threshold.  Family Offenses are crimes; therefore, Criminal Court also has jurisdiction over family offenses. In order for one party to bring a family offense petition in Family Court, one of the following …

Share this Article