Ask Cari: What Licenses/Permits are Required at the New York State and Federal Levels to Import and Wholesale Wine?

Rincker Law Wine Law Leave a Comment

New York requires the “Federal Wholesaler’s Permit” and “Federal Importer’s Permit” in order to be a wholesaler or importer.  These two distinctions are obtained via the Federal “Basic Permit,” guided under the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (“TTB”).  There is no separate application for New York State.  On the Federal level, the TTB requires the “Basic Permit”, which …

Share this Article