New York Office535 Fifth Avenue, 4th floor
New York, NY 10017
Office: (212) 427-2049
Fax: (212) 202-6077
Skype: Cari.Rincker
Illinois Offices301 N. Neil Street, Suite 400
Champaign, IL 61820
Office: (217) 531-2179
Fax: (217) 531-2211
229 E Main Street
Shelbyville, IL 62565
Office: (217) 774-1373

Ask Kym: Changing a Birth Certificate After Paternity Is Established in Illinois

Question:  The Mother of our child refuses to put my name on the birth certificate.  Can she be forced to do this in Illinois?

Kym Says:

It is imperative that the father obtain a judgment of parentage.  Rincker Law, PLLC can help you with that process.  Once you have this judgment, you will not need the mother’s consent or approval to change the birth certificate.  There is a process we will assist you with to make sure the court receives the affidavit necessary to change the birth certificate with all of the accompanying information that is required.  The court charges a is a $15 fee for this process. The mother cannot object to this so there is no need to worry about the mother’s interference.

Please contact Rincker Law, PLLC to set-up a consultation on your family law issue.  

"This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is recommended that you speak to an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction before relying on the information in this blog."

Leave a Reply

Note: Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *