I am looking forward to the American Agriculture Law Association (“AALA”) Annual Meeting on October 31-November 2, 2013 in Madison, Wisconsin. You can find a brochure for the conference online here. If you’re there, please be sure to say hello. Of course I will be tweeting from the conference with the hashtag #AA13.
The Annual Updates in Agriculture Law is always informative. This year, we’re discussing agri-finance law, tax law, food law, natural resource law, the Farm Bill, and environmental law during that session. Hon. David Minge will give the keynote address on “Ag and the Environment: A Troubled Dance.” On Friday afternoon, there will be panel discussing the following important issues:
1. Estate Tax Issues for Agriculture
2. Certying Bio Energy Products for Market Access- Developments in Sustainable Law and Policy
3. Legal Issues Affecting the Dairy Industry
4. Food Safety and Technology
5. Crop Insurance
6. Legal and finance issues in the Craft Beer Industry
7. Local Food Systems
On Friday night, there is always a lovely reception where ag students and ag lawyers can all mix and mingle. For those of you have participated in my Fridays with Cari session, you know how I love networking!
Saturday has a great schedule as well. We have panels discussing the following:
3. Estate and Business Planning
4. Animal Law
5. USDA Civil Rights Settlements
6. FDA and Food Safety
7. Multiple Party Representation in Transations
8. Protecting and Enhancing our Rural Communities
9. 2013 Farm Bill
I will also be presenting on the technology and research roundable along with Robert Moore from Ohio. Hopefully, I will see you then!