As noted here, I will be conducting New York Matrimonial & Family Law Seminar for mental health professionals along with Deborah Kaminetzky (@CedarhurstLaw on Twitter) from 9:30am to 11:00am on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at the Adria Hotel & Conference Center at 221-17 Northern Boulevard, Bayside, NY 11361, telephone (718) 631-5900. The cost of the event will be $30 (or $40 after September 7th) which includes a continental breakfast.
The following topics will be discussed:
1) grounds for divorce in New York;
2) the new “no fault” divorce law;
3) conversion divorces and separation agreements;
4) child support;
5) child custody and visitation/parenting time;
6) spousal support (temporary, durational & rehabilitative);
7) parental alienation;
8) family offenses/ domestic violence and orders of protection;
9) duty to report family offenses;
10) NY Marriage Equality Act / same-sex marriage;
11) Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements;
12) Settling a divorce (including Stipulation of Settlement);
13) Alternative Dispute Resolution (mediation and collaborative divorce); and,
14) Psychological testing/testimony in family/matrimonial trials.
There will also be a webinar discussing these same topics for mental health professionals on Thursday, October 6, 2011 from 12:00pm to 1:30pm. The cost of the webinar is $15 and you must register by October 5. The outline, link to GoToMeeting and dial-in information will be emailed ahead of time.
I hope to have the registration form posted on this website soon but in the meantime please email me at email@example.com for a copy of the registration form. I will be updating my website soon and adding an “events” page. Please stay tuned for future dates of webinars on various agriculture law topics.
"This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is recommended that you speak to an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction before relying on the information in this blog."