As noted here, I will be conducting New York Matrimonial & Family Law Seminar for mental health professionals along with Deborah Kaminetzky (@CedarhurstLaw on Twitter) from 9:30am to 11:00am on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at the Adria Hotel & Conference Center at 221-17 Northern Boulevard, Bayside, NY 11361, telephone (718) 631-5900. The cost of the event will be $30 (or $40 after September 7th) which includes a continental breakfast.
The following topics will be discussed:
1) grounds for divorce in New York;
2) the new “no fault” divorce law;
3) conversion divorces and separation agreements;
4) child support;
5) child custody and visitation/parenting time;
6) spousal support (temporary, durational & rehabilitative);
7) parental alienation;
8) family offenses/ domestic violence and orders of protection;
9) duty to report family offenses;
10) NY Marriage Equality Act / same-sex marriage;
11) Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements;
12) Settling a divorce (including Stipulation of Settlement);
13) Alternative Dispute Resolution (mediation and collaborative divorce); and,
14) Psychological testing/testimony in family/matrimonial trials.
There will also be a webinar discussing these same topics for mental health professionals on Thursday, October 6, 2011 from 12:00pm to 1:30pm. The cost of the webinar is $15 and you must register by October 5. The outline, link to GoToMeeting and dial-in information will be emailed ahead of time.
I hope to have the registration form posted on this website soon but in the meantime please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the registration form. I will be updating my website soon and adding an “events” page. Please stay tuned for future dates of webinars on various agriculture law topics.