I will be moderating a CLE for the American Bar Association, General Practice Solo & Small Firm Division’s Agriculture Law Committee on September 15, 2015 at 2pm ET (1pm CT) titled “Counseling Farmers & Ranchers, Agri-Businesses and Food Entrepreneurs on Insurance.” Faculty members include Theodore A Feitshans, Mike Kelly, Maggy Gregory, Javan Grant and Rachel Armstrong. You can register for the webinar here. Members of the American Agriculture Law Association (“AALA”) can attend at member price (but you may have to call if you aren’t a ABA member).
(1) Farmowner’s Comprehensive Liability Insurance Policy;
(2) Insurance the farmstead or business operations taking place in a home;
(3) Commercial insurance;
(4) Food insurance (e.g., food products liability insurance and food contamination & recall insurance);
(5) Federal reinsured crop and livestock insurance;
(6) Private livestock and equine insurance;
(7) Insurance for vehicles and farm equipment;
(8) Workman’s compensation and disability insurance;
(9) Business insurance;
(10) Environmental insurance;
(11) Umbrella policies;
(12) Special riders/issues with agriculture; and,
(13) Insurance review/audit.
If you are a law student or attorney with financial hardship, you can apply for a scholarship here. Also, if you press, please contact the ABA for a reduced rate. Farmers, agri-business owners and food entrepreneurs are also welcome to attend! Attorneys will be able to receive CLE credits.
"This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is recommended that you speak to an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction before relying on the information in this blog."