There are a number of legal issues facing farmers on a daily basis. An attorney experienced in all areas of farm law can help guide farmers away from the potential pitfalls running a farm entails.
Some of the ways a farm lawyer can help you set up your farm for success include:
- Estate and Succession Planning
- Setting up business structures to avoid the creation of accidental partnerships and establish the separation of personal and business accounts
- Drafting contracts and lease agreements
- Evaluating employment law concerns, including minimum wage exceptions, using “volunteers”, and reviewing overtime rules for agricultural and non-agricultural labor
- Advising on licensing rules and regulations
- Understanding liability and insurance considerations
To schedule a consultation, please contact email@example.com or call (217) 531-2179.