(1) use of unpaid labor (e.g., apprenticeships, community volunteers, mentorships work shares) for farms and Community Supported Agriculture (“CSA’s”);
(2) exemptions under Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), Migrant and Seasonal Agriculture Worker Protection Act (“MSPA”) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”) for using family members as employees;
(3) “in kind” compensation for farm workers (e.g., food, housing);
(4) various immigration issues affecting farms and ranches including work authorization, I-9 compliance, and H2A applications;
(5) compliance with FLSA, MSPA and Agriculture Worker Protection Act (“AWPA”);
(6) pre-seasonal and seasonal responsibilities of the employer-farm or ranch;
(7) Family Medical Leave Act;
(8) Employee handbooks; and,
(9) “Ag Gag” legislation and undercover surveillance on the farm.
This two-hour CLE will be comprised of approximately 100 minutes of lecture and 20 minutes of Q & A. Stay tuned for information on how to register!