Ask Cari: What is the Wine Label Approval Requirements and Process by the Food and Drug Administration?

Rincker Law Wine Law Leave a Comment

The Food and Drug Administration does not regulate labeling for wine containing over 7% of alcohol.  The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (“TTB”) regulates labeling.  However, foreign alcohol manufacturers must register with the FDA per the FDA Food Facility Registration Regulation. Regarding the FDA, when importing into the United States, commercial imports of all food and beverages (including …

Share this Article