Happy Third Year Anniversary to this blog! Seems like just yesterday I was writing this second year anniversary post. Time flies when you are having fun! It’s been an exciting third year of this blog. Here are a few highlights:
1. This law blog (“blawg”) made the American Bar Association’s (“ABA”) Top 100 Blawg list. Nominations for 2012 are right around the corner. Would love your continued support.
2. I won the 2011 Best of Barns Competition for the Best Agriculture Lawyer. Thank you to my awesome readers and voters.
3. I started the Fridays with Cari: So You Wanna Be An Agriculture Lawyer Skype conversations that take place at 2pm ET on the first Friday of every month. You can read debriefs from the conversations here, here and here.
4. I had a nice time getting interviewed by Texas A & M University’s College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, Drive magazine, ABA General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division’s (“GP Solo”) magazine, Feedlot magazine, and Long Island Business News.
5. As part of my responsibility as Chair of the ABA GP Solo Agriculture Law Committee, I especially enjoyed moderating CLE’s on livestock/crop insurance and the local food movement. The subcommittees are now up and going — I’m looking forward to future CLE’s on agriculture law topics.
6. I really enjoyed hosting the Fridays with Cari webinar series last winter. I would like to have another round of webinars. If you are interested in a particular topic, email me at email@example.com. I also hope to have the recordings available soon… (it’s on my to do list! I promise!)
7. For speaking events, some of the highlights of my last year included speaking at the Association of the Bar for the City of New York (“City Bar”), the Animal Agriculture Alliance Stakeholders Summit, the New York Agri-Women’s Second Annual Meeting, and the American Agriculture Law Association (“AALA”) Annual Agriculture Law Symposium.
8. Over the last year, I completed mediation training in both New York and New Jersey. I am currently on the both the Agricutlure Mediation Roster and Presumptive Civil Mediation Roster in New Jersey. I am still trying to complete the apprenticeship with the New York Peace Institute in Manhattan/Brooklyn. Stay tuned for the completion announcement! I’m also available for virtual mediation.
9. Ohmygoodness! How could I forget! My office moved to Midtown East on 44th and Fifth Avenue. You can view pictures here. My new office space is lovely. Please come visit.
10. I enjoyed giving a round of family/matrimonial law seminars for mental health professionals last year. Hope to start another round soon geared towards family/matrimonial law mediation.
11. This was my favorite blog post over the last year. If you haven’t read it, please do so now. Applicable to nearly every type of business. I also think this post regarding 5 state approaches to livestock animal cruelty laws is worth a look.
Looking forward to an exciting Year 4 for this blog and Rincker Law, PLLC. Thank you to my beloved readers who make it all worthwhile. If you haven’t done so already, please connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.