I will be giving a Continuing Legal Education (“CLE”) webinar on New York farm animal welfare law through Lawline.com on Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 3:30 PM EST.
The topics that will be covered are:
• Overview of animal cruelty law in New York, including applicable statues and related case law;
• Seizure of animals under these statues;
• Criminal procedure for police officers and Society for the Prevention for the Cruelty of Animals (“SPCA”) peace officers, including warrant requirements, search and seizure, warrantless arrests, photographic evidence;
• Posting of security for costs of care for seized animals;
• Local animal abuser registries and databases; and
• Tips for protecting farms and building a defense.
Anyone interested in participating in this CLE can register here. The recording will subsequently be available through Lawline. I look forward to speaking about this topic!
"This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is recommended that you speak to an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction before relying on the information in this blog."